Saturday, June 14, 2008

Deja Vu

Can you do the Hokey Pokey or YMCA or even Disco duck? I took the kids to family night at Crystal Palace skating rink. The same rink I went to growing up and it seemed as though nothing had changed except the music. Our music was Thriller and Beat It. I didn't hear any of that but the classics were still there. Hayden and Stewart weren't really into YMCA, even after I demonstrated the moves. I can't imagine why. This was Garrett's first experience with a skating rink and he loved it. Stewart got third place in the races, but they disqualified him for hitting a cone. How Rude. Your still a winner in mt book Stewart. Kenady pretty much skated hanging onto the wall. It typically took her about 30 min. to get around the rink once. When she heard the announcement for hokey pokey I could see the fear in her eyes thinking she might miss it. I walked her out to the circle for the dance and they didn't notice I wasn't wearing skates untill about halfway through. The DJ asked all those not wearing skates to leave the rink. I was the only one.
Hayden helped Kenady finish the Hokey Pokey.
It was a fun night!

7 comments:

candice said...

you're the best aunt ever!

Kris said...

WOW. Crystal Palace is bringing back the memories. Remember how many ward parties we had there? My mom pulled out some of the old newsletters from the 31st ward that I think your mom wrote and one of them was an outing at good ole Crystal Palace. What happened to everybody and why does time go so fast?

Robyn said...

april, wear are u? Please blog! Love you!

Sarah said...

April, you are as bad at keeping up on your blog as I am! I am glad I'm not alone. Someday I'll get to it...I hope. Sarah

Kisten Downey said...

Hey im going private... i need your email address...

Allie said...

Seriously, update your blog! :) Send me your e-mail address (ablazard@msn.com) and I'll invite you to my blog again. Dinner was "awesome" last night. Allie

Kimberly Davis said...

April Stewart - how are you!!! I can't belive your twins are graduating!!! I can't belive you were rocking out and the good ol' crystal palace - and I totally relate to the whole kids cooking & making a mess! How come no one told us being a mom/wife/women in her 30's is so hard!