Wednesday, November 5, 2008

18th Birthday and an Eagle


SUCCESS ! Our journey to an Eagle with Andrew is done. Ironically it ended on the last day possible, his 18th b-day. Better late than never. The board told us that only 3% of registered scouts ever become an Eagle. I found that amazing and Andrew felt even more accomplishment.
Poor guy had to have his mother in there crying with them. I really wanted to bust out the camera when he was shaking the boards hands, but I didn't want to humiliate him completely. he refused to let me take a picture of him next to the sign on the door. I told him that someday his kids would be really grateful that I took pictures of these momentous occasions.



Much to zan and Andrews dismay there was no sleeping in on their 18th birthday. Zan's friend Jared came over bright and early at 6:oo to help me make breakfast. We all had a busy day and I knew if we were going to party it had to be early. We had french toast w/ strawberries and cream,(courtesy of Jared) eggs, and bacon. I was out the door at 7:20 for work, Zan was on her way to Vegas for shopping, and Andrew was preparing for his Eagle Board of Review.(in between games on the xbox). I can't believe my babies are grown up.

6 comments:

Luke and Mel said...

Whoa, where has the time gone? I know, so cliche but these two are "my first babies". I remember holding them when you brought them home and you were the first person I really knew to have babies. Granted, I was only twelve. They have grown up so gorgeous but it is weird to see Andrew (Buddy) looking all manly with hair on his arms and everything (I know he'll love that).

Kris said...

What nice looking kids you have and yes, it is crazy how time flies. I too remember when your twins were babies and now they're little adults. I'm stressed for that day, but it's coming very quick.

Robyn said...

I LOVE THAT LAST PICTURE OF THE 2 OF THEM! THEY LOOK MORE LIKE TWINS WITH ANDREWS NEW DO! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL IN A FEW WEEKS!

Kisten Downey said...

congrats... i cant believe how grown up they are.. so cute.. you are an awesome mom even though you think otherwise... you have amazing kids and they adore you.. i love ya april so glad we are friends.

Zanadoo:) said...

WHOA! we really do u like twins in that picture. nice :)

susan bunker said...

april, they are growing up! congratulations on andrews eagle! whew!!! and happy birthday to the 18 year olds!!! you are great mother, because of your tears and your pictures!