Monday, March 17, 2008

The passing of Bob the fish

About 2.5 years ago my neighbor took Garrett to the school carnival. Being the nice neighbor that she was she let him get a fish. Jeff thought it would be fun to get the fish a playmate so he and garrett went to the petstore and came home with not one playmate but 8. Within about a week 7 of the fish were dead, including the one from the carnival. Bob has survived longer than any goldfish I have ever known. My kids have clung to bob being that he is the only pet we have ever had. Bob was actually zannies pet for her animal science class at school.{ hope she passes that class}. Being that this fish is so important to us you can see why we could not flush him. Bob is now resting peacefully on the side of our house . We love you Bob.
Mom I know he appreciated the many times you cleaned his tank.

3 comments:

Zanadoo:) said...

uuum actually it was me and dad that went and bought him 8 more friends. :) ... he was better off living alone anyways.

susan bunker said...

even fish are a hard pet to take care of. our tank was always so gross. tod got a bunch once, being asked to prom. we couldn't flush them, but ours didn't last 2.5 years! you must be amazing care givers!

Robyn said...

L.O.L. I only wish I could have been there for the funeral. He looks very peaceful in that cake pan!