Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

Zannie made the cake, Andrew the frosting
The Candle is a do over from Gr. obray b-day. It is an emergency candle our ward handed out for Mothers Day. We were desperate.

Today I am 35. I'm getting soooo old. This weekend has been exhausting. My Grandma Obray and my B-days are a day apart. Grandma turned 80 this year so we had a big party for her at my house. It was meant to be in the backyard. We spent all morning getting it set up. Big white umbrellas,bright festive tables and decorations,Frank Sinatra playing in the background. It was a beautiful morning. The wind kicked up about an hour before the party blowing away all of our hard work. Needless to say the party was relocated inside. There was about 60 people squished inside. We still had a great time. Grandma has some great friends and neighbors. You can see why I was actually looking forward to my b-day this year because even though we had a great time, it meant the stress of the party was over. Zannie and Andrew wanted to make me a cake. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting, my favorite! They asked if we should play games and I said YES! I told them my favorite game was mom lays in bed all day and the kids and husband clean the house. Thats not what they wanted to hear. Oh well I tried. Heidi, Paul, and Gracie are staying for a few days. I can't get enough of Gracie. She is hilarious. This has been a fun quiet relaxing day. Happy birthday to me!






4 comments:

Kisten Downey said...

Happy birthday to you... i need to take you to lunch, i feel bad i didn't do anything for you yesterday... your such a cutie....

Kisten Downey said...

xqimkpmeHappy birthday to you... i need to take you to lunch, i feel bad i didn't do anything for you yesterday... your such a cutie....

susan bunker said...

happy, happy birthday to you april! your children are adorable! i'm glad heidi is around for some extra birthday fun:)!

Kris said...

Happy belated birthday! WOW does time fly! Now we can say we're pushing "40" and that's a sad thought so I don't know why I'm thinking it!!!